Who hasn’t heard the old cliché, getting old isn’t for sissies. The truth is that as you age, the cliché becomes more and more accurate.
Why You May Need an Elder Law Attorney
By Lewis I Knopf, Certified Senior Advisor (CSA)® & Daily Money Manager at LK Daily Money Management
We all know that “stuff” happens as we become older and at some point, some or all of these issues will probably come knocking on the door of everyone who has reached a “certain” age.
Often the confusion and stress associated with age-related issues can be best ameliorated with the help of a trained and experienced professional.
Consider turning to an experienced Elder Law Attorney for assistance with the following situations:
- Preservation/transfer of assets
- Medicaid applications
- Medicare claims and appeals
- Social security and disability claims and appeals
- Supplemental and long-term health insurance issues
- Disability planning, durable powers of attorney, living trusts, “living wills”
- Estate planning
- Probate Administration and management of trusts and estates
- Long-term care placements in nursing home and life care communities
- Nursing home issues
- Elder abuse and fraud recovery cases
- Housing issues
Remember that you don’t have to go it alone, and in many situations contacting an Elder Law Attorney will save you stress, confusion and potentially significant sums of money.